The purpose of this code is to outline the way in which students engaged with ATTA services are expected to conduct themselves during their training. The code outlines students’ rights and responsibilities related to participation in all ATTA training and education programs.
ATTA Students’ Rights
All students enrolled with ATTA have the right to:
- Be treated fairly and with respect by all students and staff.
- Not be harassed, victimized or discriminated against on any basis.
- Learn in a supportive environment which is free from harassment, discrimination and victimization.
- Learn in a healthy and safe environment where the risks to personal health and safety are managed and minimized.
- Have their personal details and records kept private and secure according to our Privacy and Personal Information Policy.
- Access the information ATTA holds about them.
- Have their complaints dealt with fairly, promptly, confidentially and without retribution.
- Make appeals about procedural and assessment decisions.
- Receive training, assessment and support services that meet their individual needs.
- Be given clear and accurate information about their course, training and assessment arrangements and their progress.
- Access the support they need to effectively participate in their training program.
- Provide feedback to ATTA on the client services, training, assessment and support services they receive.
All students, throughout their training and involvement with ATTA, are expected to:
- Treat all people with fairness and respect and not do anything that could offend, embarrass or threaten others.
- Not harass, victimize, discriminate against or disrupt others.
- Treat all others and their property with respect.
- Respect the opinions and backgrounds of others.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures as directed by staff.
- Report any perceived safety risks as they become known.
- Not bring into any premises being used for training purposes, any articles or items that may threaten the safety of self or others.
- Notify us if any of their personal or contact details change.
- Provide relevant and accurate information to ATTA in a timely manner.
- Approach their course with due personal commitment and integrity.
- Complete all assessment tasks, learning activities and assignments honestly and without plagiarism.
- Hand in all assessment tasks, assignments and other evidence of their work with a completed and signed cover sheet.
- Make regular contact with their Trainer/Assessor.
- Progress steadily through their course in line with their training plan.
- Prepare appropriately for all assessment tasks, visits and training sessions.
- Notify ATTA if any difficulties arise as part of their involvement in the program.
- Notify ATTA if they are unable to attend a visit or training session for any reason prior to the commencement of the activity.
- Refrain from smoking at training venues and on the premises of ATTA.
- Make payments for their training within agreed time frames.
If any student breaches the expected responsibilities as outlined above ATTA will be required to take disciplinary action to rectify and/or manage the behaviour
- In all situations and circumstances, the student will be given due time and opportunity to respond to any concerns about their conduct or failure to meet the expectations set upon them.
- In serious cases, a panel will be convened and will include senior members of ATTA's management team.
- Incidents of plagiarism, cheating and collusion will not be tolerated and will be dealt with according to the Student Discipline.
- Students have the right to make an appeal of any decision made under the ATTA Complaints and Appeals Policy and Procedure.